Monday, December 22, 2008

Fading
~
Did you fade away from my memory?
You stand still while time beats me
An echoing conundrum that is
Constant as unkind
Lodged in hollow space
I cannot reach out to feel you breathe again
Did you fade away?
Where did you go?
I dip my finger in the in the pond
That rest just below the cherry blossom tree
In an attempt to see your face reflecting in the ripples
I see nothing but the sadness in me that trickles
And the pain refuses to roll away
The rain begins to fall
And I am haunted by deafening sound
Each drop like a heavy thud-weightless
I am burden by sorrow
Begging for days gone to borrow
My tears and the rain
Meshed
Where did you go?
Did you simply fade away like a sunset
That somehow I chose to purposely forget?
That couldn't be because with each
Sunrise you fade vividly back into my memory...
© Alya Landry 2008

No comments:

What My Eyes Have Seen

What My Eyes Have Seen
Alya: Click On Photo To View/Follow PEGS Poets. Enjoy the pics below!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Virgin Steel Lips

Virgin Steel Lips
My Poetic Fear- I Have Yet To Touch It...

Pen And Pad

Pen And Pad
I Reside With My Sin Here...