Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Sadness

I have a condition
Joy in my own rendition
Opposite of what the norm conforms
For my happiness takes the form of a storm
Called sadness
Yes indeed
I have a happy saddness
Wallowing in the blues
Showering in tears
Swimming in a lake of self-pity
Deep as oceans
At first glance it may appear as if I'm drowning
I shake my head to that notion
Your eyes are deceived by my motion
See, I'm not drowning
I'm one with the tide
I glide with the stride
Heavy waves to you
But calming waters to me
Don't think of it as madness
I'm happiest in my sadness
Just like your happiness
provides you feelings of grandeur
My sadness provides me with a comfort
That extends beyond your level of understanding
My sadness is not a weight that I carry
Nor a hate that I carry
My sadness is like a woman I'd marry
Been knowing her since the childhood years
She's always been around
She's the only constant in my life
Although she could never pick me up
She never lets me down
Always right on time
When the mood calls for it
Call me crazy
Doesn't matter
I'm at peace with my happy sadness

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful new pictures to match the words on this site! I'm loving the autumn-esque leaves, especially.

What My Eyes Have Seen

What My Eyes Have Seen
Alya: Click On Photo To View/Follow PEGS Poets. Enjoy the pics below!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Virgin Steel Lips

Virgin Steel Lips
My Poetic Fear- I Have Yet To Touch It...

Pen And Pad

Pen And Pad
I Reside With My Sin Here...